1) People who use the elliptical machine that has the arm pulls and *don't use the arm pulls*! Folks, there's three machines without the arm pulls that you could use and some of us like using the arm pulls to warm up our arms.
2) People who use the dumbbells and *stand right in front of the weight rack while they use them*! Dude, take a couple steps back because now others can neither get weights nor put weights back.
3) People who sit on a weight machine and *talk and talk and talk between sets*! It's like 15 seconds of weights, 2 minutes of talking to their neighbor, and I'm standing there waiting to use the machine. As a note, I will often say "Can I sneak in a set?" and they will get going again.
4) Fox News. Invariably, several of the TVs are turned to Fox News. Ugh. There's so many ways Fox News bothers me, but today was the "Fox Fact" at the bottom of the screen. (Example: "FOX FACT: THE SUEZ CANAL IS 100 MILES LONG.") Fox is not responsible for the fact. It's just a fact. Then, what they do is put an opinion in the same location, font and size as the FOX FACT. (Example: "CLINTON WORKS WITH ALIENS") So, the people watching can assume that the opinion is a fact. Evil.
5) The new locks on the lockers. The old lockers, where you could use a padlock, have been replaced with new lockers with keypad locks. Great, I don't need a key and lock but the keypads are cantankerous and you have to get it just right or it either doesn't lock or doesn't unlock. And, now I have to remember a four-digit code.
And that's today's pet peeves at the gym. Steam has been blown off and I am done.