- Write 2-3 new stories. Current queue is "The Presidents Book of the Dead", "Dhag on the Internet", "Robot in Furs", "The Dials of the Heavens, The Numbers of the Stars", maybe the play, and something else.
- Revise several stories. Current revision queue is "Stars Above and Ice Below", "The Accountant and the Octopus", "The Fishing Trip", "Home is the Wind and the Sky", "The Dybbuk's Moll", "The Spirit Turk", "The Game of Chase", "When Lina Went on the Lam", and "The Straw That Shines Like The Sun"
- Get stories critiqued by SacSpec, Critters, BayCon and maybe one other place.
- Put a new story in the Critters queue
- Critique 3 stories for SacSpec, and 1-2 stories/week for Critters.
- Submit 5-6 stories to publications. My current "The Race" score is 8. (see Dean Wesley Smith blog for details).
- Write 500 words/day
The work continues. It never ends. It's difficult. It's tough. It's frustrating. But it's also fun. I just have to keep remembering the VP Mantra: "Write. Revise. Submit. Repeat."