- 2 stories finished (plan was 2-3)
- 2 stories started (plan was 2)
- 4 stories revised (plan was 5)
- 3 stories were sent out for critique (plan was 2)
- 4 stories were critiqued (plan was 5)
- 3 + tons of critiques were done by me (plan was 8)
- 15 submissions were made, 3 new stories joined the "out" pool (plan was 5 subs with 3 new stories)
- 14 submission results, with 13 "no" and one Honorable Mention
- 8205 new words written; 8132 words revision credit
- Race Points: 16 (plan was 20)
September had its troubles. Between the post-Lincoln City Workshop slump and the large volume of work for other activities (math contests and bike race), I didn't think I got much done in September. Yet, there was a solid chunk of words and revision credit and more submissions that I've ever done in a month. And Lincoln City, once I got past my own personal feelings about my stories. So, in summary, I guess it was a good month after all. But you never really know when you're in the middle of it.
- Two stories were finished: "Cat of Heart and Blood"; "Sorting Through The Scrap"
- Two stories were started: "Sorting Through The Scrap"; "Invasion! At the Independence Manor Retirement Center"
- Five stories were revised: "Cat of Heart and Blood"; "Sorting Through The Scrap"; "The Very Difficult Diwali of Sub-Inspector Gurushankar Rajaram"; "The Dybbuk's Moll"
- Three stories were sent out for critique: "The Accountant and the Octopus"; "Sorting Through The Scrap"; "The Dybbuk's Moll"
- Four story was critiqued: "The Accountant and the Octopus" (at SacSpecFic); "The Very Difficult Diwali of Sub-Inspector Gurushankar Rajaram"; "Bringing the Boys Back Home"; "Sorting Through The Scrap" (all at Lincoln City Workshop)
- I did 3 + tons of critiques: 3 for SacSpecFic; tons of reading and quick notes for Lincoln City Workshop
- I did 15 submissions, 3 of them new stories being sent out into the world. No details given here.
- I received 14 submissions results, 13 "no" (no details), one Honorable Mention for WOTF 2008Q3. I also received the final contract for the sale of "All That Was Left Behind" to Weird Tales for the Honorable Mention in the Spam Flash contest
- I wrote 8205 new words and received 8132 words of revision credit.
- Race Points on June 30: 16 (16 stories out).
- Finish 2-3 stories
- Start 2 stories
- Revise 5 stories
- Send 2 stories out for critique
- Get 5 stories critiqued
- Critique 10 stories (7 for Critters, 3 for SacSpecFic)
- Submit 8 stories (5 of them new submissions)
- Race Points: more than 20 by end of month
I need to send out more stories. If I can get a story a week out, then I'll be at 20 stories active by the end of the month. Beyond that, I'll look to finish a couple stories. But I'm moving into a phase where Revise and Submit will be my primary goals.