- Top 10 songs to rock your Obama victory party (at Salon Machinist). Whole bunch of songs, all about Obama. My Firefox won't play embedded video so I haven't heard these yet, but they sound like fun.
- Secrets of the 2008 Campaign (at Newsweek). All sorts of stuff you didn't hear about during the campaign. It's a little celebrity gossip-y, but still many interesting things.
- It's time - Barack Obama should be the next president of America (at the Economist). The Economist! The Economist! A begrudging endorsement at best, but still - The Economist! Woah.
- Why Gay Marriage Was Defeated in California (at Time). An overview of what happened. It was a confluence of events, many not under control of the side of equal rights.
- Apply for a Job. That's a job with the new administration. Gotta say, tempted. Really tempted.
TIME's Best Inventions of 2008. OK, it's not politics, but it's really cool. Cool and nerdy.