- 1 story finished (plan was 2-3)
- 1 story started (plan was 2)
- 2 stories revised (plan was 8)
- 1 story was sent out for critique (plan was 2)
- 3 stories were critiqued (plan was 2)
- 4+ critiques were done by me (plan was 8)
- 11 submissions were made, 1 new stories joined the "out" pool (plan was 5 subs with 5 new stories)
- 10 submission results: 10 "no"
- 718 new words written; 4508 words revision credit
- Race Points: 14 (plan was 20)
Wow. Worst month ever, in many ways. I knew this was happening, as the job turmoil was always foremost in my mind. Going to Orycon was fun and some writing was achieved on the trip, but I was also sick (in some form of cough, sniffles,or general blah-ness) for the last 10 days of the month.
All these things combined to produce a hideous amount of demotivation, something that's very depressing for a month that had started out with such promise. Best I can do is pick myself up, and get back to making time for writing. In the end, I need to learn how to continue to write even though a month as challenging at November was.
- One story was finished: "Angry Tears to Drown the Blood"
- One story were started: "Angry Tears to Drown the Blood"
- Two stories were revised: "The Accountant and the Octopus"; "Angry Tears to Drown the Blood"
- Two stories were sent out for critique: "Angry Tears to Drown the Blood" (by SacSpecFic); "Faraway, In Her Eyes" (by Orycon ORC)
- Three stories were critiqued: "Angry Tears to Drown the Blood" (at SacSpecFic); "The Dybbuk's Moll" (at Orycon); "Faraway, In Her Eyes" (at Orycon ORC)
- I did 4+ critiques: 3 for SacSpecFic; 1 for Orycon workshop; many at Orycon ORC
- I did 11 submissions, 1 of them new stories being sent out into the world.
- I received 10 submissions results: 10 "no" (no details).
- I wrote 718 new words, and earned 4508 words of revision credit.
- 10 days contained writing, 3 critiquing, 2 being critiqued, 3 at a convention. Total of 16.50 hours spent writing.
- Race Points on June 30: 14 (14 stories out).
- Finish 1-2 stories
- Start 1-2 stories
- Revise 4 stories
- Send 2 stories out for critique
- Get 1 stories critiqued
- Critique 3 stories (3 for SacSpecFic)
- Submit 10 stories (4 of them new submissions)
- Race Points: get to 20 by end of month
As a result of November troubles and discussions at Orycon, I realize that my challenge is to work harder on my characters, on revealing character, and really "seeing through the character's eyes" in the manuscript. This will take both revision and new writing. The big deadlines are December 15 for the Norwescon Writers Workshop, and December 30 for WOTF.
It's going to be tough, as the job turmoil hasn't abated (and actually might be getting rougher) and I feel the powerful force of de-motivation trying to suck me down. But I have to learn to write through it. Because the only other alternative is to quit, and that just isn't going to fly. That way lies true madness and despair. Ain't gonna go there. One foot in front of the other, and all that. Onward.