- 0 stories finished (plan was 2-3)
- 1 stories started (plan was 2)
- 1 stories revised (plan was 8)
- 3 stories were sent out for critique (plan was 2)
- 2 stories were critiqued (plan was 2)
- 3 critiques were done by me (plan was 8)
- 1 submissions were made
- 5 submission results, with four "no" and one SALE!
- 2721 new words written; 6255 words revision credit
- Race Points: 10 (plan was 20)
No bones about it, December was a terrible month. Almost three weeks of extreme job stress, until things were resolved to what turned out to be a happy ending. After that, it was holiday prep, holiday time, and post-holiday time. All of that entailing some recovery from stress and mild cold-like-sickness. In the whole month, only 12 days had writing occur during them.
But I knew it was happening, and I accepted it. I don't feel bad about what happened in December, it was life. In the end, there was output even if it was mostly in the last few days of the month. Now that the job situation has settled, I have energy and attention to put into writing.
- No stories were finished, and that right there tells me how bad of a month it was.
- One story was started: "Nona, Back For Christmas"
- One story was revised: "Home is the Wind and the Sky"
- Three stories were sent out for critique: "Invasion at the Independence Manor Retirement Home (to SacSpecFic); "Breaking Through" and "We The Hunters, We The Hunted" (to Norwescon)
- Three stories were critiqued: " nvasion at the Independence Manor Retirement Home (partial, at SacSpecFic);
- I did 3 critiques: 3 for SacSpecFic;
- I did one submission (to WOTF). Only one submission is another sign of a bad month.
- I received 5 submissions results: 4 "no" (no details) and a SALE ("Cat, Owl, Cigarette" to Byzarium)
- I wrote 2721 new words, and earned 6255 words of revision credit.
- 11 days contained writing, 1 critiquing and being critiqued, 3 at a convention. Total of 14 hours spent on writing.
- Race Points on June 30: 10 (10 stories out).
I'm going to skip the January Plans because I'm still figuring them out myself. What I do know is that I'll be doing A Thing A Week with a definition of "Thing" that might be new story, might be major revision, might be something else all together.