- Finished various 250 word shorts for the Apex Micro Fiction.
- Rewrote "A Mind of its Own", my Internet-Of-Things short, and mailed to Flash Fiction Online where it got a nice no. It's currently on submission at Analog.
- Rewrote "The Dybbuk's Moll". Sent it to F&SF where it got a good no (the highest level of no, according to the CC Finlay Rejectomancy Decoder). I'm going to send it to tor.com when they open at the end of the month.
- Did a grounds-up rewrite of "The Straw That Shines Like The Sun" (the Rumplestiltskin story). This was really a big, messy, exploratory draft. Next up is making it into a story.
I usually get 2-3 mornings a week to write and I've been consistent about it which is good.
I also went to Orycon in November and had a really good time catching up with the Portland writing crowd and getting the writer mind going again.
- Ran a bunch of math contests about every other month in Oct, Dec, Feb, and March
- Coached the Math Team from Oct to March. They did well!
- Staying relatively fit through workouts and trying to limit my eating.
Recently I've been over-obsessed with the whole Hugo Awards situation. I find it rather fascinating, and have a blog post cooking on it. Hopefully tomorrow.
So let's see if I can keep the blogging going. This time for sure?